The first two groups of studies deals with development aid, see also: development aid
The project is joint work with Hristos Doucouliagos, Deakin University (Burwood), Melbourne.
These are studies of the causal link from aid to development.
Our project consists of a bibliography and five papers:
(1) The AEL bibliography (2nd ed),
With Pia Wichman Christensen, Covers 152 papers,
Master list of the AEL: the Aid Effectiveness Literature.
(2) Aid effectiveness on accumulation. A meta study.
Kyklos 59, 227-54. 2006.
(3) Aid effectiveness on growth. A meta study.
European Journal of Political economy 24, 1-24. 2008.
(4) Conditional aid effectiveness on growth. A meta study.
Journal of International Development 22, 391-410. 2010.
(5) The aid effectiveness literature. The sad result of 40 years of research.
Tables and Figures in separate document
Journal of Economic Surveys 23, 433-61, 2009.
(6) The Ineffectiveness of Development Aid on Growth: An update
European Journal of Political Economy 27, 399-404, 2011.
(7) The robust result in meta-analysis of aid effectiveness: A response to Mekasha and Tarp
Journal of Development Studies 49 (4), 584-87, 2013
Long version of (7) as Economics Working Paper 2011-15.
Department of Economics and Business, Aarhus University
(8) Finally a breakthrough? The recent rise in the size of the estimates of aid effectiveness
Chapter 20, pp 325-49 in Mak Arvin and Byron Lew, eds., 2015.
Handbook on the Economics of Foreign Aid. Edward Elgar
Data-set for (3), (6) and (7) in the latest revised version used in (7)
data in stata format
stata commands to replicate results
On separate page note the paper on Meta-mining that uses the AEL as a case study