A brief survey of the project
(1) An Essay on the Religious Transition. An economic perspective Latest version July 2017
Papers on cross-country data and theory
(2) The religious transition. A long-run perspective
Public Choice 156, 105-123, 2013 With Erich Gundlach, GIGA IAS and Hamburg University, Germany
(3) An model of the religious transition
Theoretical Economics Letters 2012, 419-22
With Erich Gundlach, GIGA IAS and Hamburg University, Germany
A theoretical explanation of the religious transition linking it to the theory of economic growth.
Background papers on present Danish data
Church density and the church membership ratio.
The cross-municipal pattern in Denmark, 2nd version 2013
Papers on Danish long-run time series data
Danish church data on separate page
(4) The political economy of churches in Denmark, 1300-2015 Public Choice 172(3-4), 443-63 With Ella Paldam
(5) An economic perspective on the Reformation and the downscaling of the Church in Denmark, 1450-1650 Spinn-off paper from previous paper July 2017.
Papers on the Grand Transition for papers on the Grand Transition